Friday, 22 April 2011

(Lunch) Time is of the essence.....

I feel my biggest indulgence is having time. Being of the English variety, I am always early for appointments - but this gives me the opportunity to read, windowshop or gossip with a girlfriend.

I think I am a highly effective time manager and hate when people steal it or waste it for me. I have finely tuned my service providers to balance the pleasure / pain principle and this week, my precious car needed attention. She heard me talking to another chap who wanted to buy her - and started coughing and spluttering.

Thankfully, I had been recommended to Carwise just of Rue D'Argens so I booked her in, had her cleaned and  booked myself into Toni & Guy for a quick once over too  - before heading up to the White Sheep for lunch.

Busy as always, after scanning the shelves for any jars of jams, boxes of chocs, oils to smatter and ceramic platters to serve from, I perched up and watched the traffic go by while waiting for my Cheddar and pickle ciabatta and John's avacado, feta and seed salad. Teeth coating salted almonds and a firey ginger beer later, lunch and my date arrived. The food is always of the finest quality - the cheeses are divine, the bread 'baked' on site and the salad always fresh, inviting and crispy.

The White Sheep isn't the cheapest nor fastest place to get a sandwich, but if you have time on your hands, money in your pockets and love of good quality different foods, it is certainly worth scheduling a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment